Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stryper to Kanye West: If God Is On Your Album...Prove It

Michael Sweet, lead singer of Stryper, has responded on Facebook to the controversy caused by a TMZ article:

"I was approached by TMZ to comment on what I thought about Kanye referencing God as a featured artist on his new record. Those of you who know me, know that I have a sense of humor and it can be quite dry at times. If you read the article you'll see that is all seriousness I understand what Kanye was trying to convey. And then, in typical MS form, I clown around a little bit to lighten things up.

If this article has offended you to the point of denouncing the band then I really don't know what to say. I have no words and that's saying a lot coming from a man of many words.

It was a simple article that was meant to be encouraging and comical. Read it again and maybe you'll understand it a little better.

In love and in Christ,
M"

He's referring to the closing paragraph:

But Sweet says if Kanye means it literally -- and let's face it, he probably does -- he wants details, like ..."I've always wondered - is God a drummer, a bassist, a guitarist or a singer? I'm guessing The Master of all ..."