Saturday, May 21, 2016

Jordin Sparks Leads Worship Service

Jordin Sparks found fame on the "American Idol" stage, but she recently returned to where she developed her musical talents: the church.

The 26-year-old artist led prayer and worship at the Angelus Temple in Los Angeles on Sunday.

"We're so excited about what God is going to do today through our morning of prayer and worship," the church's Twitter account read, along with an image of Sparks.

The visit was not a surprise, as Sparks also shared her plans with fans on Twitter so they could join her at the church or watch the service online.

During an interview back in 2009, the singer spoke about the impact of her faith and the church have had on her career as an entertainer.

"My faith has been a humongous part of how I have looked at my career. I started out singing in church very young and it took off from there," Sparks said in an interview with Cross Rhythms in 2009. "The music business is a very secular world and there are always people quick to point to you as a hypocrite when you mess up with something and fall. I know that God has blessed me to be where I am and everything he has placed before me is just so amazing."


Read full article