Thursday, February 25, 2016

Jennifer Garner Shares Life-Changing Impact Movie Role Has Had on Her Life

While on the road promoting her upcoming film "Miracles From Heaven," actress Jennifer Garner ("Alias", "13 Going on 30"") visited T.D. Jakes' church to attend Sunday service and spoke of the life-changing impact her movie role has played in her personal life.

"Ahhh I can't even watch the clip, I can't even see it, it makes me cry," Garner said as she joined Jakes and Christy Beam, who she portrays in the film, on stage.

"I fell so in love with this family, I fell so in love with their love for each other. I fell so in love with their faith," she said. "It was a transformative experience to play this woman right here, she made me stronger," the actress confessed about Christy as she choked up.

While Garner has never really talked about her faith in the past, in a video captured by DeWayneHamby.com during a Q&A conducted during that same trip to Dallas, she revealed that her faith life has changed. Garner shared that in Los Angeles, where she lives, people don't talk about faith and it's a topic that has become very political. She said that people of faith are usually considered outsiders.

"I will say that being around this community, and while I've always gone to church in West Virginia, that when I got back to Los Angeles, I was talking to my kids about the movie and they said, 'Mom you don't take us to church,' and we went that Sunday, and they went today without me. That decision was a direct gift from this movie and for that I'm very grateful," Garner said.


Read full article