Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Michael Sweet to Release Band Project with Members of Dokken, White Lion and Whitesnake

Frontiers Records announced a yet unnamed new band project featuring Stryper's Michael Sweet, former Dokken and Lynch Mob axeman George Lynch, former White Lion bass player James Lomenzo and ex-White Snake drummer Brian Tichy.

Stryper frontman Michael Sweet talked in-depth to Noize In The Attic about his new solo CD I'm Not Your Suicide, his autobiography Honestly, a live Stryper DVD, his upcoming project with George Lynch and more.

The free podcast is available (the interview starts at the 31 minute mark).

Sweet: "I just finished up an album with George Lynch. It's a great vibe, it's different for me. Eighty percent of the record reminds me, if you got in to a time machine and went back to 1978. It's a real classic rock kind of a vibe. It worked and I'm excited for people to hear it."