Friday, May 17, 2013

Candace Cameron Bure on Finding Purpose in Hollywood

In an interview with Beliefnet, Candace Cameron Bure reveals how she handles being a Christian in Hollywood.

Esther 4:14... probably the most known verse from Esther. And it says “for if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” And that verse has stood out to me in terms of where I have been put in this industry right now. And if I don’t speak up or if I remain silent then God would not be able to use the things, the tools or the gifts that he has given me to use it for his purposes. So I feel like I kind of cling to that verse in terms of being outspoken about my faith and to be a proponent in family programming. To just keep good things out there on television for families to be able to watch and it encourages me to continue to just pick and choose the right projects that are positive and have good messages.