Friday, May 10, 2013

American Idol Shocker: Angie Miller Doesn't Make the Top 2


 Angie Miller elimination perf P

It was the shocker of season 12 of American Idol. When Angie Miller was eliminated on Thursday night, it came as a surprise to the American Idol judges, the studio audience, people on Twitter and viewers at home -- not to mention Angie Miller herself.

“It's bitter and sweet,” the 19-year-old Beverly, Mass. native told reporters after the show, which saw Candice Glover and Kree Harrison advance to the final round. “I definitely thought that with the whole hometown visit and how huge social media has been … I did feel kind of confident that I was going to make it.”

Equally surprising was how Miller was able to maintain her composure following her elimination. She joyfully displayed her excitement for the two finalists in a slew of TV interviews -- “They're both incredible; it'll be an amazing night,” she said repeatedly.

Miller said she has the judges to thank for giving her the boost. Asked what wisdom Randy Jackson, Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey and Keith Urban left her with, Miller answered: “They all pretty much said, ‘Girl, this is not over. You're so going to do incredible things.’ Coming from them, that means everything. … They brought me here.”

As for where she goes next, there’s the summer tour, for one, and the support in knowing that her original music might one day be recorded. “When I think of this whole experience and people ask me what's the best moment, it's when I was able to sing ‘You Set Me Free,’ my original song,” she said. “That song and that moment will carry me on and I can't wait to record it.”