Wednesday, September 12, 2012

American Idol Finalist Colton Dixon Signs Record Deal

American Idol's season 11 Top 10 finalist Colton Dixon has signed a recording deal with EMI CMG Label Group, joining a roster that includes noted artists from the legendary Amy Grant and current Billboard 200 chart-topper TobyMac to Season 5 Idol finalist/multi-Grammy nominee Mandisa.

Colton says, “Two of the most important things in my life have always been my faith and my music. I am now blessed with the chance to combine both of these passions in working with 19 recordings/EMI CMG. With their support, I know I will be able to make an album that I am proud of and showcases who I am as an artist.”

The 20-year-old Tennessee native was widely embraced by TV viewers for his strong voice, outspoken faith, and original songwriting ability. Colton will release his first single “You Are” on October 19, with his highly anticipated debut album set to follow in February 2013. Watch here for more exciting details shared directly by Dixon.