Sunday, May 8, 2011

Actor Wes Bentley on Finding Faith While Facing 'Dragons'

Wes Bentley never imagined that another role in Hollywood would reconnect him to God as he faced all the “dragons” in his life.

He is best known for his role in “American Beauty,” but very few knew that before reaching stardom and starring in the new movie, “There Be Dragons,” he was raised, “literally in a church building” where both his parents were Methodist preachers.

Growing up in a spiritual environment only led the 34-year-old actor to think he inherited the faith, he told the Christian Post. “I always assumed I had a relationship with God, I always assumed I had that wrapped up so I didn’t even have to consider that that might not be the case and might also be what made my life more difficult.”

The assumption made him devoid of a faith and left him unprotected following his sudden popularity. “In the assumption I just pushed it away and I had to really consider where I was spiritually. I feel like I inherited the faith. And I think a lot of PKs go through that.”

The actor said he has reconnected with God, though he didn’t provide specifics, and he continues to explore faith.

Read the full article here.