Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Bieber's New Album 'Banned in Some Muslim Countries' Because Its Christian-themed Cover Art is Deemed 'Too Provocative'

Justin Bieber recently unveiled the artwork for his upcoming album Purpose to some controversy.

The cover art shows a shirtless Bieber looking downwards with his hands posed in prayer and the large cross tattoo on his chest clearly visible.

According to TMZ, that appears a little too provocative for mainly Muslim Indonesia and several Middle Eastern countries.

The Christian symbolism on the Purpose cover has led the album to be banned in those places where it may cause offense, the gossip website claimed.

Bieber's management is said to be trying to devise some alternative images that could be used for cover art.

Bieber has spoken recently about his strong Christian beliefs and how his faith has helped him turn around his life after a period of high-profile brushes with the law and bratty behavior.
'I, personally, love Jesus and that was my salvation,' he told Complex magazine in an interview for its October/November issue.
'I want to share what I’m going through and what I’m feeling and I think it shouldn’t be ostracized,' he added. 'My faith has brought me to a whole other level. I love talking about my faith....... I’m at a point where I’m not going to hold this in.'

Read more