Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Grammatrain derailed

A day after Jesus Freak Hideout announces Grammatrain is working on a new CD after a 10 year hiatus, they've followed up with this troubling addendum:

After posting this, Pete shared with us, "I'm not sure if you've followed me much musically over the last several years, but I've been fairly upfront about the fact that I don't consider myself a Christian any longer. I realize this is kind of a touchy subject with people who were/are fans of grammatrain and of me as a solo artist. Obviously, that's going to set the tone for this record to be different than our albums of the past and quite likely much of its reception." Stewart doesn't speak for Grammatrain's other members, as far as their spiritual status (they both consider themselves to be Christians), but this clearly changes the direction of Grammatrain since their years on Forefront in the mid to late 90's...


Beyond his notable band and solo work, he also was briefly a part of Tait.