Thursday, November 8, 2018

Selena Gomez Reveals Lauren Daigle Song That Gives Her Strength

Anxiety and depression are often misunderstood and stigmatized by non-sufferers, but Selena Gomez is speaking out about her struggles with both in a video (as a series of Instagram stories) released just before the pop singer was admitted into a mental health facility.

She reportedly suffered a severe emotional breakdown after recently being hospitalized, and she was “despondent and emotional over an alarmingly low white blood cell count in the wake of her kidney transplant.”

The breakdown occurred when Gomez wasn’t able to leave the hospital.

“A lot of you asked about anxiety and depression in my life yesterday, and I wanted to suggest a song that you can listen to,” she stated in an Instagram story. “As some people know I like to listen to worship music and this song makes me feel like I’m talking about that feeling.”

“It’s really hard to not get worked up or upset when you feel like you’re constantly doing the right thing and you’re showing up for people …but you’re like why am I not feeling good,” stated Gomez.

Last month, the 26-year-old released the video discussing her battles and the Lauren Daigle song that has really helped her face them.

Before admitting herself into the facility, she explained in a deeply personal video how she’s been impacted by Daigle’s song “This Girl” off of her hit album “Look Up Child.”

“Don’t get annoyed that I keep talking about her but she’s speaking my language,” stated the pop sensation before playing a clip of the song that she says she feels she gets to “sing to Jesus.”

Gomez sang part of the song’s lyrics as she played it in the background:
“I’ve been a winding road, oh, I know You know
Sometimes a stranger in my home
Keep going back and forth through the open door
I’m still learning to be still
This girl ain’t going anywhere
This girl ain’t going anywhere-ere-ere.”