Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus Launches Christian Music Label

Rascal Flatts member Jay DeMarcus has launched his own Christian music label, Red Street Records. The first two signees to the label were also announced today: new artist Lauren James, a worship leader at Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, and iconic CCM group Avalon. 

Marking "the next chapter" for the band, who recently welcomed new member Dani Rocca alongside Jody McBrayer's return after a 12-year absence from the group, Avalon is back in the studio and working on new music. The monumental press conference was live-streamed on Avalon's Facebook page, which you can check out below for a powerful acoustic performance from the group.


While Jay DeMarcus is largely known for his involvement with country superstars Rascal Flatts, his roots are deeply planted in Christian music. DeMarcus was part of Dove-nominated band East to West in the late 1980s before the group disbanded in the early 90's. Even during his time in Rascal Flatts, Jay has continued to stay connected to the Christian music industry, producing records for artists like Jason Crabb and The Martins, in addition to country legend Reba McEntire's recent gospel album. 

"I kind of feel like everything I've done up to this point in my life has led to this one moment," Jay shared today. "Christian music was such a huge foundation for me, even as a kid growing up. Before there was ever a Rascal Flatts, I started out in Christian music with East to West, and I've always felt like every time I would come back into the Christian music genre and produce records, I always felt like I was coming back home to a degree. It's always been in my heart, when the timing was right, to do something on my own."

As owner and CEO of Red Street Records, DeMarcus, alongside general manager and producer Don Koch, will produce albums for both Avalon and Lauren James.