Friday, March 9, 2018

Jason Wilkes Joins Team Blake On The Voice


Jason Wilkes turned two chairs during his blind audition on NBC's hit TV show The Voice.

Although both Adam Levine (Maroon 5) and country singer Blake Shelton turned, Wilkes chose Blake as his coach- -a seemingly natural choice since Wilkes has spent the last few years as a staff writer for country songwriting firm Dan Hodges Music.

Wilkes shared with NewReleaseToday some insight on his choice of coach. "I chose Blake mainly because of our personal connection. We are cut from a very similar cloth, and I knew we would instantly 'get' each other. If I'm going to work closely with someone for weeks or months, it is very important to me that we get along well."

"I understand Blake, and I think he understands me," Wilkes continued. "We have a southern guy bond that only other southerners would understand. I have a ton in common with Adam as well, especially musically, but Blake speaks my language. Literally... people in LA have trouble understanding the words I say. Blake is fluent in 'twang!' Seriously though, I'm super stoked about what's to come. It is a real honor to be a part of Team Blake, and I can't wait for people to experience the WILKES SHELTON magic!"

You can watch Wilkes' performance, a cover of "One Headlight" by The Wallflowers, below. You can also purchase the cover on iTunes here, or stream the full episode featuring his audition via NBC.com by clicking here.