Monday, September 18, 2017

Lauren Daigle Surprised with Gold


Marking the achievement of 500,000 units sold, Daigle’s single “Trust In You” was given RIAA certification in May 2017; her single “How Can It Be” garnered the same recognition in November 2016. This milestone achievement of two Gold singles coming from a debut album (which also went Gold) is unprecedented for a female CCM artist. 

Daigle expressed how this honor resonates with her not just professionally, but personally: 

“’Trust In You’ and ‘How Can It Be’ are two songs I often return to when I feel in the thick of difficulty. They remind me of a grace that outruns any mistake, any amount of shame that arises in this race. They remind me to life my eyes to the one most Sovereign,” Daigle expressed. “I’m so honored that so many people have been impacted by these truths just as I have. There is nothing like singing these songs live with an audience that’s singing louder than myself. I’m grateful to see the unending response and thankful for all of the support. It continues to stun me!”