Thursday, July 23, 2015

Emerging Pop Princess Tori Kelly Influenced by Crystal Lewis

Long-time Christian radio favorite Crystal Lewis has influenced greatly new pop sensation Tori Kelly. Kelly recently said in a radio interview that Lewis was one of her favorite artists and an inspiration to her.

Lewis explained that she and Kelly became friends four years ago before the newcomer was managed by Scooter Braun and before getting signed to Capital Records. Kelly, like Lewis, is originally a southern California girl and "her mom and I have a little history although we didn't know each other way back then but our parents knew each other."

The two singers got to know each other through social media and mutual friends. They became close and go to each other's shows. "I'm so proud of her, and thrilled that she would consider me an influence and I have her mother to thank of course because her mom played my music."

She continued, "It's awesome, it's a total honor...I love her, she's remarkable, and a great writer, and she has a heart of gold. Just an awesome kid."