Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tai Anderson Announces Hiatus From Third Day

After twenty years as the bass player for the Christian band, Third Day, Tai Anderson has announced that he is leaving the band to focus on his personal life and family.

Anderson and the group released this statement over on their Facebook page:

"I am currently in a season of life where I find that God is leading me to place my identity as a child of God and as a husband and father above the touring lifestyle. Therefore, after a lot of prayerful consideration and discussion with my family, the members of the band and our incredible support team, we have all agreed that I should take a break from the upcoming touring season with Third Day. This decision obviously doesn't come lightly - I've always been, and will remain THIRD DAY's biggest fan."

In 1992, at a performance at guitarist’s Mark Lee‘s church, Third Day performed with a band known as the Bullard Family Singers, featuring members David Carr and Tai Anderson. A few days later, Third Day invited Anderson and Carr to join Third Day.