Thursday, June 26, 2014

Lee Brice to Record Gospel CD

According to Christian Post, country music artist Lee Brice is planning to record a Gospel album with his mother as a way to pay homage to his original musical influences.

Brice, having earned Grammy nominations and other notable accolades despite his short time in the country music scene, grew up playing Gospel tunes on his aunt's piano and now wants to make the new project a family affair.

"My mom and all her sisters sang gospel music my whole life, and they're amazing. They made a record in Nashville," said Brice, reports Rolling Stone. "I'm going to send a tour bus to pick them all up in South Carolina in July and bring them here to my house, and I'm going to make a new record on them. We're going to sing classic gospel songs and have them sing in the background."

Although his third studio album I Don't Dance, which is set to release in early September, is a priority for the country singer, he says he "cannot wait" to begin the faith-inspired project. However, Brice did not reveal whether the album will be released to the masses.

Despite delving into secular music once his career took off, Brice still acknowledges his Christian upbringing and Gospel influence that led him to pursue his artistic dream.

Despite his fame and success, Brice strives to uphold his faith-based roots and morals.

"I try to be a good man and try to be a Christian man. I want to be remembered as a writer and a singer. That's what I've been doing my whole life – writing songs," Brice said in a statement on his website. "I want people to hopefully one day say, 'he gave his all to it.' Hopefully, that's how they will remember me."