Tuesday, October 22, 2013

‘Duck Dynasty’ Stars: ‘It Ain’t Gun Control We Need, It’s Sin Control’

One “Duck Dynasty” star made his stance on gun control known in an interview with Men’s Journal.
“It ain’t gun control we need, it’s sin control,” Si Robertson said.

In a wide-ranging interview with Men’s Journal, the man known as Uncle Si described how he used to be a “sinner” during his younger days when he was drafted into the Army and heading off to Vietnam.

Robertson said he was worried about the pedestal the family has been put on since the reality show took off.

“Look, I worry that people put us on a pedestal now,” he told Men’s Journal. “We’re human beings. We make mistakes just like everybody else.”

The article also features Phil Robertson, Si's brother and the patriarch, who adds, "We're trying to infuse a little good into a culture in which gentleness, patience, kindness, self-control, love, joy, and peace have become abnormal."

Si is sitting next to him, sipping tea from the blue Tupperware cup his mother sent him while he was serving in Vietnam and that has since become nearly as famous as he has. "Sad," he says, shaking his head.

"Very sad," says Phil. "I go out into America and I am literally navigating a minefield. Godliness has become abnormal. I just left California, where I spoke to 40,000 altogether. I told them I was a Bible man. I told them I believe that in the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth. 'What's he trying to say? That I can't sleep with anybody I want? Is this guy crazy?' Then they see a little family structure on TV – us – and the show goes ballistic. Thousands and thousands of people have thanked us. Isn't that right, Si?"