Thursday, August 29, 2013

Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan: God is The Future of Rock

Billy Corgan recently did an interview with CNN’s Talk Asia and shared his feelings on the unexplored territory of rock and roll, and his answers were insightful and interesting.

When asked what he was exploring now, he replied:
"God. I once did a big American magazine feature called The Future of Rock, (and) my answer was God. They say, ‘Social security is the third rail of politics in America,” well God is the third rail in rock and roll. You’re not supposed to talk about God. Even though most of the world believes in God, it’s sort of like, ‘Don’t go there.’ I think God is the great unexplored territory in rock and roll music.”

Naturally, he was then asked what he thought of Christian rockers to which he replied:
"Make better music. Personally, my opinion is that I think Jesus would like better bands. And now I’m going to get a bunch of christian rock hate mail."

 

H/T HM Magazine