Friday, February 15, 2013

Downhere Plays Final Concert

Downhere announced on their Facebook that they're playing their final concert tonight.

"Today we play our FINAL concert for the foreseeable future. We're excited to be closing things out where it all began, on the campus of Briercrest College. It feels like a fitting bookend to a fantastic journey.

Moving forward, we just wanted to give you all a quick update on what we're currently doing individually:

Jason
Aside from serving at his church in Nashville as an artist-in-residence, Jay has carved out a niche for himself as a mastering engineer. JasonGermain.com will be launching soon, so keep checking back (there's no link as there's currently nothing to see yet). We get to celebrate his daughter's first birthday this weekend with her - yet another dh family memory!

Marc
Hey everyone! Just wanted say things are going well. I just finished my second tour (already!) with the Queen Extravaganza. Got to fulfill a boyhood dream of playing in the same arena as the Montreal Canadiens. Wow! Thanks for your continued prayers and support. Always especially nice to see some of you at the QE shows. It blesses me more than you can know. My EP is out! You can find it on iTunes by searching my name. Excited also to put out a full-length album later this year. But right now looking forward to getting back on stage one more time with the guys for our last show (for a while) at the place of Downhere's beginnings. Hope you all are well!

Glenn
Life has changed dramatically for Sherri and I over the past 8 to 9 months. I have accepted a job as Director of Worship Arts at the Williamsburg Community Chapel in Williamsburg, Virginia. My role there is to provide oversight and direction to the entire worship service. Not exactly the same as planning a rock and roll tour but there are definitely skills that overlap, like producing videos and lyric slides and of course arranging, planning and leading the music. One of the major benefits is that I still get to bring my friends in as musical guests from time to time so although I am not on the road I'm still able to bring the road to me! In the next month we'll have Marc, Jason Gray and Andrew Peterson! If you are ever in the area to visit Colonial Williamsburg or Virginia Beach come on out and say hi! Thanks for your prayers and support - stick with us to get us through one more weekend. :) Hope to see you out there!

Jeremy
Funny… as I write this I'm listening through a rough recording of our Farewell Tour set in preparation for tomorrow's show - a full rehearsal will not be possible. And - I'm sure not by chance - the song I'm on right now is "Let Me Rediscover You". I feel like that's what I've been doing over the last couple of months. There's a part of me that wishes I had a simple, concrete answer for you as far as what this new season looks like for my family: "I am working for _____ doing ____." The truth is that _____ has still not been answered. But had that question been answered when I first started asking it, I would have missed out on the gift of the past months. I have enjoyed a season of rediscovery - rediscovering who God is and His desire for me to pursue both Him and holiness above everything else, and rediscovering my family and what it's like to be a father with a "normal" schedule. Liam has turned 4, Karis will celebrate her 3rd birthday in a couple of weeks, and baby #3 will make his arrival sometime mid-April. Erin and I continue to ask the Lord for direction (read Luke 18 and the parable of the Persistent Widow - a good reminder for us all), and He continues to provide in unexpected ways. Thanks for your continued prayers and support - we (the Erin-and-I "we" as well as the Downhere "we") have felt them in very tangible ways over the years and are grateful for your investment in our personal and professional lives.

Well, there you have it. We will do our best to keep you updated as life goes on - and hope to see you at a Downhere show at some point down the road!

Jeremy, on behalf of the guys

Follow Us on Twitter:
Marc - @marcmartel
Glenn - @glennlavender
Jeremy - @normalrockstar
Downhere - @downhere"