Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Building 429 Has Top Song of 2012

Building 429's breakout single "Where I Belong" is Christian Song of the Year, according to the Billboard 2012 year-end charts.  Earlier this year, "Where I Belong" set precedent as the first song to maintain No. 1 on the Billboard National Christian Audience chart for 15 consecutive weeks. "Where I Belong" surpassed singles by tobyMac as well as Phillips, Craig & Dean, who each held the top spot on the Billboard NCA chart for 11 straight weeks. Furthermore, the song also peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard CHR chart.

Complete Top 10 is as follows:
1. "Where I Belong" Building 429
2. "Overcome" Jeremy Camp
3. "God's Not Dead (Like a Lion)" newsboys
4. "10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)" Matt Redman
5. "The Hurt & The Healer" MercyMe
6. "Live Like That" Sidewalk Prophets
7. "Me Without You" TobyMac
8. "My Hope Is In You" Aaron Shust
9. "Losing" Tenth Avenue North
10. "When the Stars Burn Down" Phillips, Craig & Dean