Friday, February 25, 2011

Broadway Performer Tony Vincent Collaborating with Kevin Max

In the mid-90s, Tony Vincent released two Christian CDs before going to Broadway, where most recently he was part of the cast of American Idiot.

Tony recently sent out this note in his email newsletter:
Long-time friend of mine and killer singer Kevin Max (of the band dcTalk), phoned me up out of the blue several weeks ago. He and a mate of his have been working on a project that has changed directions several times since its original inception almost a year ago. Knowing I’ve been greatly influenced by bands from the “New Romantic” music era (such as Roxy Music, David Bowie and Duran Duran), Kevin extended an invitation for me to join his work-in-progress band, currently working under the name Bad Omens.

Although my music career has always been as a solo artist, I have lately been toying with the idea of changing direction and cloaking my music in a band format, which would lend itself perfectly to the style of music that I want to produce. Kevin and I spoke on and off for about a week, and after thinking about it for a few days, I phoned him up and told him I was in.

Even though we are still in the early stages of fleshing out exactly what the sound of Bad Omens will be–we’re heading to Los Angeles this week to start the writing process–we’re both incredibly excited about the potential of a vocally driven, Brit-pop/synth-rock focused band.