Monday, September 22, 2008

SixStepsRecords Defies Gravity

While SixSteps forges ahead with consistency in staff, artists, and record sales, the question is how has the label stayed successful? Its small size is important, but so are the label's focus and unconventional management structure.

Read a compelling profile here.

A major upcoming change is the planting of a church in Atlanta involving Louie Giglio, Tomlin, and Redman.
The latter two have already moved there, though the timeline for development is uncertain, as is the impact on the label. "I see songs coming out of the church," says Tomlin of the new plant. "I see Chris Tomlin still making records, but I also see Passion Church CDs , and that kind of thing. The reason I'm excited about that is we've never been in the same place: me and Redman and Louie."