Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Frontrunner Thanks Christ for Help on 'The Voice'

One one of the frontrunners on NBC's "The Voice", Matthew Schuler, is giving credit to Jesus and says that his faith has helped bring him this far. 

"It has been a wild ride," Schuler told Hollywood Life. "My relationship with Jesus Christ has helped me out the most. I am not doing this for me, I am doing this for the love of God and people. To share my passion of music is what keeps me being me. The weak will inherit the earth, so I want to be humble and bless others."

Schuler is part of Team Christina and grew up singing in church and musicals, according to his site. His Twitter feed is full of thanks for prayers and a list of blessings that Schuler has experienced in his life and during his time on "The Voice."

"I am so grateful for everyone who voted for me and helped make me #1 on iTunes this week. I pray you were blessed as much as I was," Schuler tweeted earlier this month. "I am such a blessed kid… Is this really my life right now? This show has been such an amazing platform for me. I am beyond blessed by all your support."

Schuler has reportedly performed a variety of songs, from Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" to Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" and managed to amaze "Voice" judges and fans alike. After performing "Wrecking Ball," Schuler said he respected Cyrus' art.

"She is doing some groundbreaking stuff right now," Schuler told "Extra." "She is pursuing her own freedoms… I can't say I agree with everything she is doing, but it is her art. I respect her art and respect her as an artist. She's done some amazing things in the music industry and acting and everything. She has my respect.